Below are some additional materials (mostly for my own use) to develop my understanding of Evaluation and improve my Program Evaluation Design in the form of a program rationale, program plan, and logic model based on Chen (2005) and Wilder (2009).
- Problem – 2SLGBTQI students often have negative mental health and well-being, internalized shame and low self-esteem and struggle with academic success, school attendance and high dropout rates.
- Target group – teachers in Ontario schools
- Goal – Improve mental health of 2SLGBTQI students in schools and improve school environment.
- Determinant – Teachers become more educated on 2SLGBTQI issues and how to implement inclusivity in the classroom.
- Intervention – Webinars provided to teachers and resources available on Egale organization website.
- Implementing organization – Egale organization and school boards or individual schools.
*2. Program implementers – Teachers provided with training and resources by Egale
- Associate organizations and community partners – School boards/schools and the Ontario government (providing funding)
*4. Ecological context – Reports done in 2011 and 2021 determined that Ontario schools were not an inclusive, supportive environment for 2SLGBTQI students.
*5. Intervention and service delivery protocols – Webinars and free online resources to educate teachers. Teachers better understand 2SLGBTQI issues, implement 2SLGBTQI-focused lessons in their curriculum, and use inclusive language in the classroom.
*6. Target population – Students in Ontario schools. The focus is on improving the mental health of 2SLGBTQI students in Ontario schools, however: there will also be an effect on staff in those schools, in other students at the schools, and in the community connected to each affected school.
Chen, H.-T. (2005). Practical program evaluation: Assessing and improving planning, implementation, and effectiveness. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
Wilder Research. (August 2009). Program theory and logic models. Retrieved May 19, 2022, from: http://www.evaluatod.org/assets/resources/evaluation-guides/logicmodel-8-09.pdf